Micronics Portaflow 220 Clamp on Flow Meter
Utilizing advanced DSP technology, the Portaflow 220 (PF220) is the most recent addition to the Micronics line of clamp on flow measurement instruments.
The PF220 can display real time fluid flow rates or velocity, together with totals. A variable current or pulse output, proportional to the detected flow rate, is also produced by the PF220 to enable it to interface with a range of external control devices such as those found in site monitoring systems.
The Micronics PF220 is intelligently designed with ‘ease of use’ in mind. An interactive QuickStart menu, which simplifies system installation at any suitable location, together with minimal set-up requirements, means that the system can be installed and operated in just minutes. Additionally, the specific parameters for a location can be saved to memory and instantly recalled if a site is revisited for monitoring in the future. This function naturally reduces set up time.
The flow sensors, or transducers, connected to the PF220 instrument are attached externally to the pipe being monitored and provide totally non-invasive flow measurement without disturbing or altering the existing plant equipment or process.
- Clamp on non-invasive installation – the process operation being monitored is in no way interrupted or otherwise affected by the use of this equipment
- Zero fluid contact – no contamination risks of the process fluid and possible exposure of the monitoring equipment to corrosive or toxic liquids. This is a 100% non-invasive monitoring test.
- Light-weight and very portable, hand-held instrument with large, easy to read graphic display and switchable backlighting
- Flow range 0.33f/sec to 65.62f/sec bi-directional
- HVAC & energy system audits
- Pump verification
- Process control
- Chemical addition
- Hydraulic systems
- Fire systems
- Leak detection
- PF220A: .5″ – 4.5″
- PF220B: 2″ – 40″
- Pulse and mA Outputs
- Minimum velocity 0.33f/s
- Max velocity 65.62f/s
- ±0.5% to ±2% of flow reading for flow rate >0.66f/s and Pipe ID >2.95 in.
- ±3% of flow reading for flow rate >0.66f/s and Pipe ID in range 0.51 in. – 2.95 in.
- Useable with pipes ranging 0.51 in. – 39.37 in. outside diameter (depending on model)
- Operator selectable language
- Simple to follow dual function keypad
- Simple ‘Quick Start’ set up procedure
- Continuous flow monitoring, with ‘Totalized’ option
- Variable Pulse output proportional to flowrate
- Variable 4-20mA, 0-20mA or 0-16mA output proportional to flowrate, with simple range calibration
- Rechargeable battery with up to 20hrs continuous battery operation depending on load
What’s Included In The Kit
- Portaflow 220 instrument with backlit graphic display
- Power supply – with UK, US, European adapters 110/240VAC
- Transducer cables (x2) 6.6 feet long
- Transducer set ‘A’ or ‘B’ (Depending on model)
- Set of guide rails for use with ‘A’ or ‘B’ transducers
- Ruled separation bar (2-piece)
- 4-20mA/Pulse output cable
- 2 lengths of chain (1.6 ft for PF220A and 10.83 ft for PF220B)
- Test block
- Ultrasonic couplant and syringe applicator
- Manual (on CD)
Please contact Copperstate Technical Solutions to receive a complete data sheet, schedule a demonstration and/or request a quote on this product.